Senior Software Engineer | Boston (Back Bay)
Our Client is a catastrophe and data modelling company that helps real estate companies asses property risk based off potential for natural disasters. Essentially, they make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient to extreme events.
They are looking to build a brand-new team that's going to work across their portfolio of products so they want someone with both strong and Web and Desktop development. As a member of this new team you will help build, enhance and troubleshoot our client’s multi-tiered TouchstoneRe platform. You will be expected to work in an agile team to help design and plan new features, write clean, testable and performing code, provide automated tests, as well as resolve issues customers might have.
Required Skills & Experience
- Graduate technical degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in developing software solutions
- Experience developing multi-layer applications using Microsoft technology (C++/C#/SQL Server)
- Strong background in object-oriented design and development
- Well versed with modern design patterns
- Good analytical, math, and statistical skills
- Positive attitude with an eagerness to learn in a faced paced environment
- Ability to effectively communicate clearly with internal and external stakeholders
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Microsoft WPF
- Experience with object-relational mapping solutions (Hibernate, Entity Framework)
- Experience in an agile environment
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms (Azure, AWS, or GCP)
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Web Development
- 50% Desktop Development
- 50% Hands On
- 25% Client Facing
- 25% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.