Senior Backend Engineer / Python
A well-known popular entertainment mobile app is looking to hire a Senior Backend Engineer who will implement highly-scalable and flexible features to the platform and Client APIs in Python & Node. This startup has over 400 million downloads and currently 2 million active users. They also have partnerships with ABC (Freeform), ESPN and Disney. They have finalized their Series B and currently have $15 million in funding.
The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of experience with Python/Django web-development experience.
Required Skills & Experience
- A problem-solver mindset and taking ownership of your work
- 3+ years in building highly scalable, service-oriented production applications
- 2+ years experience building web applications in Python 3 (Django preferred), Node experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of relational database technologies, experience with NoSQL technologies is a plus
- Previous experience in a startup
What You Will Be Doing
- Architect, design, develop, deploy and operate Python & Node services that serve millions of users
- Work on exciting engineering challenges involving service-orchestration, event-driven architectures and recommender systems in a high-scale environment processing millions of requests per hour
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team shipping features with direct consumer impact
- Continuously evolve the current architecture and stack while always striving to make the client more efficient
- Competitive Salary: Up to $160K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.