Senior Software Engineer
The largest repository for cancer research in the country is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join their Genomic Data Commons Team. They would be responsible for adding new features to their existing platform using Python, Django, Flask and AWS.
The job works independently to perform several daily activities including software support and development. This person will guide development and implementation of applications and web pages.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of back-end development
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with full development life cycle
- Knowledge of design patterns, cloud architecture, RESTful API, and modern database
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or related field
- Strong technical skills and excellent communication
- Front-end development experience
- Experience with genomics
What You Will Be Doing
- Django, Flask
- RESTful API
- Postgres, MySQL, NoSQL, Elasticsearch, Spark, Hadoop
- Jenkins, Travis, git
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to team
- Provide feedback to ensure quality of code
- Collaborate and support other team members
- Manage all aspects of programming projects
- Work with cloud computing infrastructure
- Competitive Pay: Up to $80/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6-9 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.