Head of Data / Clean Transportation
Promising clean transportation startup that is a major player in the up-and-coming micro-transit/micro-mobility movement is hiring a Head of Data to establish their data engineering and machine learning organization from scratch.
This start has a good reputation compared to competitors for their responsible and safe approach to market which was very visible here in San Francisco. The team is diverse, talented, and has a great track record of success in previous companies and in their academic studies. People have joined from Lyft, Uber, the federal government, and the transportation advocacy domain which will all help contribute to the success of the startup.
The company wants to hire a creative and experienced leader who will take a hands-on, entrepreneurial approach to the role. This person should be highly technical while also able to communicate effectively, manage properly, set clear goals and manage project timelines and deliverables.
The Data group will be a cross-functional team made up of ML Engineers, Data Engineers, and Analytics folks. These people will create a central data lake to collect data for optimizing the consumer facing products as well as internal analytics.
This person will hire and build out a top notch team and build from the ground up, establishing practices, culture, growth path, etc. It's a truly ground-up build and awesome opportunity for those looking to build a team and culture!
Required Skills & Experience
- Success record building teams in the past
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of engineers, scientists, analysts, and internally with other business unit leaders
- Involvement in architecture and design of a centralized data lake, on top of which will be built models and visualization features for analytics and product feature enhancements
- Have experience at the Director level in a startup environment
- Previous software engineering experience preferred
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong background in ML
- PhD or MS in CS or Mathematics - or similar
- 7+ years of professional experience