Senior Front End Developer / Engineer
A rapidly growing startup in downtown Chicago is looking to expand its engineering team. Join a talented and diverse team on a mission to disrupt the retail industry by using data to build applications that facilitate purchasing processes.
Use your knowledge as a Senior Engineer to mentor more junior people and develop software that incorporates data into an application for retail and research. You’ll be using React and Node to develop this nationally used application while collaborating across multiple departments and engineering teams in order to produce, test, and release a product you’re confident in and proud of.
Required Skills & Experience
- The optimal candidate has their Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- 10 + years of industry experience in front-end development building web applications
- 5+ years of experience with React.js professionally
- 3+ years of experience using Node.js professionally
- Familiar using object-oriented and functional programming concepts.
- You’ve supported short and long term applications from development to living in production
- You can dynamically update a UI with asynchronous calls and data
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience working with ES6+, React, Redux, Webpack, and Node
- Experience building dynamic data visualizations
- Experience connecting to RESTful Web Services for data access
- Experience developing within AWS infrastructure
What You Will Be Doing
- 70% Front end | 30% Back end
- 40% Architecture | 60% Coding
- 80% New | 20% Maintenance
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American Markets. Our unique expertise in today's highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.