SRE - Database
My client is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join the Web Security team. The successful candidate will be passionate about solving complex technical problems, have exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills and a desire to improve system and process within engineering. You will tackle a range of complex software and system issues, including monitoring of servers in multiple geographic locations, responding to and safeguarding the availability and reliability of the Web Security platform.
Required Skills & Experience
- In depth expertise in Linux internals and system administration including configuration and troubleshooting
- Understanding of DNS, HTTP & HTTPS protocols
- Understanding of SSL & Public Key Infrastructure
- Hands on experience in configuration management systems eg. Puppet, Ansible, MCollective, Salt
- Experience with performance tuning of the Linux OS and Java
- Experience in software development in at least one of: Ruby, Perl, Python
- Ability to analyse network behavior, performance and application issues using standard tools
- Ability to design and implement small to moderate sized tools
- Hands on experience with open source monitoring and graphing solutions such as statsd, Graphite and Nagios
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong scripting skills
- Administering Java applications (tuning, GC, memory)
- Experience with application containerization technologies, e.g. Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in working with large scale software deployments
- Experience of SSL traffic interception and HTTP proxying
- Work at our fantastic new headquarters.
- An internationally diverse, sociable, dynamic team to work alongside.
- Conferences (attending and/or speaking) and learning resources.
- Company-wide tech talks with internal and external speakers, and a calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises.