IT Support specialist
The Systems Support Specialist provides superior first level customer service to Arc Publishing clients in support of our product suite. The ideal candidate is a developing engineer/technologist experienced in application support, adept at triaging and resolving issues in a fast-moving environment. As a key point of contact with clients, the ideal candidate also possesses a unique blend of technical and interpersonal skills, able to communicate complex issues in a relatable and professional manner, cultivating a strong, positive client relationship. The System Support Specialist interacts daily with a wide variety of clients, managing and communicating issue status between clients and internal engineering teams, and finding/applying solutions to common and unique problems.
This position is for a non-standard work shift, preferably the hours between 6pm to 8pmEST and 2am to 4amEST.
A successful System Support Analyst can find a wide variety of career opportunities in both the engineering and business arenas within Arc Publishing model.
- This is a contract position but it may have the possibility of converting to a full time position.
- A degree in information systems, computer sciences or a related discipline, or relevant work experience is required.
- Superb communication skills and problem-solving abilities are essential.
- Candidates must have a strong technical aptitude and a solid understanding of web-based applications and internet technologies.
- The ideal candidate has a strong customer service focus, is an organized self-starter and a team player able to work efficiently and effectively without direct supervision.
- Configuration/Administration experience with Akamai and Amazon Web Services is a plus.
- Experience with monitoring systems such as Splunk, Cloudwatch and Datadog is preferred but not required.
- Occasional after-hour work and on-call shifts are required.