The nation’s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm in Tysons, VA is looking for a Network Engineer (III) to maintain existing network (LAN/WAN) and VoIP systems for government and private companies.
including design, configuration and monitoring. Integrating and implementing network systems such as switches, routers, wireless access infrastructure, voip and security control devices.
Candidate must be US Citizen and be ‘clearable’ or has at least a ‘Secret’ clearance.
- Participating in interactions with internal and external clients to define requirements, discuss project progress, and resolve issues as they arise.
- Providing second-level technical and non-technical support a needed, including client/vendor relations and technical problem solving and providing training to clients and staff for new systems.
- Configure, test, and maintain LAN/WAN equipment and related network services.
- Researching new technologies to fully understand implementation requirements and implications for integration with other systems.
- Producing required documentation such as client communication, proposals and user instructions. Troubleshooting and debugging increasingly complex network problems, making recommendations for improved operational efficiency, repair, replacement or upgrades.
- Negotiating with vendors to obtain competitive bids for equipment or services.
- Implementing and maintaining security systems: Firewalls, IPS and VPN solutions (Palo-Alto, Cisco, Juniper)
- Maintaining existing and deploying new Cisco routers and switches of various models.
- Configuring and installing wireless devices and their management servers.
- Mentoring and training junior staff.
- Working under minimal supervision with moderate latitude for use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Support Network Administrators and systems engineers with servers and server clusters. Create and support disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Perform audit of IP addressing, hosted devices and WAN links load within data centers and enterprise offices.
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference.
- Monitors system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Upgrade and patch operating systems: Windows, Cisco IOS, UNIX, Linux.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications for partnership with key vendors and ISP's when needed. Participate in a 24 X & on call rotation as assigned by the Senior Network Engineer.
The incumbent must have between two (2) and four (4) years of experience implementing various network technologies and end-user support. The incumbent must possess an BS in engineering /computer science or a related field.
- Must be well versed in the TCP/IP protocol and its routing.
- Working knowledge of at least two (2) of the following systems: Unix/Linux, Cisco IOS, PAN-OS and Windows Server.
- Working knowledge of Cisco routers, switches and wireless
- Working knowledge of routing protocols and switching technologies
- Understanding of Firewalls, VPN, IPS
- Working knowledge of Server Class PC hardware such as Compaq, HP, IBM or Dell and workstation/desktop class hardware such as Dell
- Understanding LAN/WAN medias and protocols
- Cisco VoIP/video implementation/support experience
- competitive salaries
- topnotch benefits package ( including health insurance, dental insurance)
- vacation/sick leave
- life insurance
- paid holidays
- tuition reimbursement
- casual work environment
- job security, and advancement
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.