Senior Data Engineer / Marcus by Goldman Sachs
Brand-name financial institution's new consumer tech startup is building a brand new credit platform from scratch. This is the first foray into consumer financial technology for the company, and it is an extremely well-funded tech startup. It's all the most high-visibility initiative within the company.
This team is building the distributed systems-based financial transactions platform in Java that will power Apple's new Apple Card.
This team is hiring at all levels for the application development, platform engineering/infrastructure, and data engineering teams.
Required Skills & Experience
- Expertise in JVM language
- Experience in working on large-scale big data platforms
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Flink, or similar
- Distributed, low-latency systems
- AWS, GCP, or Azure
Desired Skills & Experience
- Scala or similar functional programming experience
- Experience leading teams and mentoring junior engineers
- Self-motivated, energetic, and team-oriented mindset
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong communication ability
What You Will Be Doing
- Building data collection pipelines and big data processing frameworks from scratch for financial transactions platform
- 100% new development
- 100% back-end distributed systems work
- End-to-end project including architecture and design, as well as implementation
- Strong ownership over projects
- Base compensation, above-market bonus that is standard of financial services industry
- Location in downtown San Francisco next to Montgomery BART Station, occupying half of an entire WeWork office
- Tech startup environment with over 300M in funding internally by parent organization
- Strong engineering culture with top engineers from FinTech startups and unicorn companies
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.