Junior Java Engineer
A high-growth Big Data startup in Dallas is looking for a talented Back-End Software Engineer to join their growing team in Dallas! This is an extremely exciting time to join the organization and gain hands-on, real-life, engineering skill development. The company providers a privacy device that is the first of it’s kind!
The Back-End Engineer should be extremely passionate, innovative and hard working. The role will be responsible for making impactful contributions to product development and overall growth of the business. You will be focusing on designing and implementing key enhancements to the product and working with third-party APIs to integrate workflows between the product and other industry software. Additionally, you will be supporting external engineering teams against their API and set priorities to assist in development of internal tools.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field of study
- Experience with JAVA, Microservices, Spring Boot
- Familiarity with RESTful back end services and APIs
- Experience with AWS product and infrastructure
- Experience with MySQL and Postgres databases
- Strong communication and listening skills, with a human-centered mindset
- Personality that is collaborative, self-driven, motivated and technically savvy.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 3+ years professional experience in backend or full-stack software development
- Willingness/Desire to work in a fast-paced, tight-knit software start-up
- Experience working with third-party APIs
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% back end Development
- 90% new development, feature enhancements
- 10% maintenance, back log reviews
- 90% coding, 10% Architecture and/or Design
- Competitive Salary: Between $60k-$70K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Equity Options
- Choice of computer, hardware, etc.
- Flexible work culture, possible remote days
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.