Senior Data Engineer
An LA based data analytics company is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to help build their data processing platform. This SaaS uses cutting edge big data technologies to help companies uncover hidden threats that could have the potential to damage their brand.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work with an established team to develop modern Big Data processing and analysis systems. The Senior Data Engineer will need to have development experience with either an OOP or functional programming language (Java, Python, Scala or Clojure would be best). The Data Engineer will be working with NoSQL databases, and will have experience with the Hadoop ecosystem.
This is an opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer to work with emerging technologies, and be part of a small team of experts, working to solve critical problems of Fortune 500 companies.
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong experience with an OOP or functional programming language (Java, Python, Scala or Clojure preferred)
- Proficient in UNIX/Linux environments
- Knowledge of cloud-based technologies, particularly AWS
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases
- Experience with distributed architecture (Storm preferred, but Hadoop or Spark is okay)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with large scale data integration
- Working with messaging systems like RabbitMQ
- Competitive salary - up to $105/hour DOE
- Casual work environment
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 10 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.
senior data engineer