Staff Software Engineer / Java / Global Brand Name Company
Largest retailer globally with an online eCommerce presence that is growing and challenging that of Amazon is continuing to build out their Labs division just outside of San Francisco.
This is an environment that values innovation and experimentation--one in which you have real impact working among some of the world's best engineers. You'll work on large-scale data processing systems that touches a significant portion of the world's population on a daily basis. You'll work for a household name that is becoming a World-leader in technology.
Required Skills & Experience
- Senior or lead-level experience in software development
- Expert proficiency in Java or another similar language like Scala or Python
- Experience working with the latest big data technologies including Spark, Kafka, Flink, and similar
- Experience working in cloud environments with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Azure, or similar
- Strong communication and ability to work in a team environment in which each engineer should be able to collaborate but also own their independent responsibilities and work independently
- Experience designing and implementing microservices based platforms
- Experience working on high-availability distributed systems
Desired Skills & Experience
- Focus on innovation!
- Product-oriented mindset
- Eagerness and ability to learn
- Passionate about complex technical challenges
- BS in CS or extensive programming experience
What You Will Be Doing
- Java, Scala, Python
- Spark, Flink, Kafka, Hadoop
- 100% hands
- Architecture and implementation
- Ideation to product delivery
- Work on something that affects people's daily lives globally
- Work in an environment that promotes innovation
- Have real impact and ownership
- Base salary, bonus, 401k match, and RSUs for cash compensation
- Standard Silicon Valley perks of a large tech company
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.