Senior Ad Tech Software Engineer for Online Marketplace
This one of the fastest growing companies in Boston’s history and is looking to innovate their marketplace to make online advertising easier, more efficient, and more quantitatively measurable. Their service matches insurance-seekers with previously offered packages from providers to find the insurance-seeker the most applicable package to their needs. The company is well established with an entrepreneurial, creative, encouraging, and competitive culture.
This Technical Lead position on the Ad Engineering team will afford the individual the opportunity to work on challenging and gripping problems involving large and complex data sets, high-volume traffic, and near real-time feedback while working alongside traffic analytics leads. In interviews, a candidate for this job should show strong system design skills, interest in identifying and prioritizing problems, as well as the ability to simplify complex problems into pragmatic actionable next steps.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of professional operations experience with application development
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related degree
- Strong foundation in computer science fundamentals such as algorithm design and optimization, threading, data structures, etc.
- Strong communication, attentive listening, and proficient technical writing skills
- Interest in online business and how money is made online
- Ability to manage cross-team projects, mentor junior engineers, and collaborate with others
- Production experience in Linux and understanding of SQL fundamentals
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Open to transitioning to management after 12+ months
What You Will Be Doing
- Extending existing platforms
- Writing exemplary and well-tested code
- Build new and extend on existing traffic acquisition and analytic systems to improve consumer alignment and performance
- Collaborate with traffic teams and data scientists to extend traffic acquisition strategies
- Help drive strategic thinking
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.