Senior Back End Engineer, Innovative agriculture technology
The company is dedicated to using agricultural technology to improve sustainability, profitability, and overall consumer and environmental health. They are focused on improving the productivity and health of cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice production by working with farmers and producers across the country. They are headquarted in Boston, MA with other satellite locations across the globe.
Their aim is to scale the business quickly and hope to reach $1 Billion+ in revenue by 2020. This job requires engineering distribution of backend systems and RESTful APIs that support internal and external stakeholders along with building backend systems in the cloud.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience in building and implementing high-quality production services
- 1+ year experience working with AWS or GCP
- Understand how to build and design high-throughout APIs that are easy for users to use, while protecting backend SLAs
- Bachelors of Computer Science or Related Degree
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to research and propose new technologies or software improvements
- Ability to speak on the pros and cons of approaches such as microservices vs, monoliths, mono vs. shared repos, containers vs. VMs
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead projects from start to finish
- Design high-quality and reliable backend systems in the cloud
- Communicate risks to stakeholders and work with them to find a path forward
- Base Salary up to $180k
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Add additional perks specific to the work environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.