Cloud Operations Engineer
This ever-evolving internal role will support the on-going operation and improvement of critical systems in our hosted private cloud environment, as well as the addition of public cloud services. This position requires a highly motivated and engaged high achiever who can bring a solid foundation to the role, while quickly acquiring and applying new technologies. This position is best suited to a hands-on contributor who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is energized by new technical challenges.
The ideal candidate will help the hosting team to move forward with efforts related to automation, process improvement, and delivery of continuous service improvement for our internal and external customers.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 2-4 years experience administering UNIX systems, including installation, troubleshooting, and upgrades
- Experience maintaining UNIX-based systems
- Shell scripting and/or Perl experience
- Passion for automation and workflow improvement
- Focus on meeting project and SLA commitments
- Strong knowledge of standard UNIX subsystems such as printing, Sendmail, DNS, and NFS. Installation experience with Sendmail, Postfix, and/or DNS strongly desired.
- Experience working in a software development environment with many Unix/Linux variants
- Ability to work within a clear change management process
- Broad troubleshooting experience
- Apache web server build and deployment a key skill - client certificate experience desired
- Proven problem-solving and technical support skills
- Extremely high accuracy and attention to detail
- Occasional weekend and/or evening work when dealing with critical system upgrades or problem resolution. Ability to carry pager on a rotating basis required (compensation provided).
Desired Skills & Experience
- Hands-on experience with SAN storage - setup and troubleshooting exposure (Pure/EMC/other)
- Enterprise backup technology knowledge (Veeam/Networker)
- VMware experience/exposure (VM creation and configuration, VCenter installation/upgrade, VRealize automation)
- Experience delivering hosted systems
- Automation/DevOps experience
- Monitoring and alerting system experience (Nagios, VRA, etc.)
- Experience deploying multi-tiered environments on AWS/other public clouds
- Competitive Salary: Up to $160K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit