Data Engineer / Java / Scala
An analytics and technology solutions company located in the River North neighborhood of Chicago is looking for a Data Engineer to join the team! This company’s number one priority is investing in their employees, so the ideal candidate for this role is someone that is strong in Computer Science and Software Engineering fundamentals. If you’re a strong software engineer in Java and/or Scala that’s interested in becoming a Data Engineer, this could very well be the role for you!
Apply now to learn more about an organization that’s committed to their employees, diversity, and inclusion!
Required Skills & Experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of professional experience as a Backend Software Engineer
- Strong development skills in Java 8 or newer
- Go-getter attitude and yearn to learn new skillsets
Desired Skills & Experience
- Programming experience in Scala is a huge plus
- Any experience with Spark, Kafka, Storm, or more
- AWS experience will go a long way as well
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Scala
- 100% Spark
- 100% Hands On
- 100% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $110K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.