MySQL Database Administrator
A global financial technology firm is looking for a Senior MySQL DBA to join their team in downtown Chicago. They are looking for a self motivated individual that has extensive experience building out clustered environments, doing database upgrades and database schema subsetting. This role will involve managing all primary and replica databases across multiple datacenters as well as monitoring and maintaining current databases. If you are looking to further your career by working on several different projects, then go ahead and apply!
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years Experience with MySQL Database administration
- 5+years Knowledge of HA/DR design consideration for MySQL database systems
- The willingness to participate in the evaluation and implementation of new DBA tools/solutions
- Comfortable in a Linux environment.
- Experience with database upgrades
- Experience with database sharding / archiving
Desired Skills & Experience
- Financial/trading or investment environments is a plus.
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% building out clustered environments
- 100% Data sharding/archiving
- 100% Hands On
- 50% Management Duties
- 50% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $170K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.