Linux System Administrator
A global financial technology firm located in the downtown Chicago area is looking to add a Linux System Administrator to their team. They are looking for an individual to maintain current infrastructure and aid in the development and deployment of upcoming technology projects. This individual will join an existing Sys Admin Team. If you’re looking to further you career, go ahead and apply!
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with server/network/application logging methodologies
- Solid Sys admin-grade scripting abilities (Bash, Perl, Python, or similar)
- Ability to reverse engineer software/hardware configurations and improve them
- Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux experience
- Well-versed with Linux system orchestration methodologies and technologies (automation, provisioning, configuration / updates, management, and monitoring)
- Experience with server/system virtualization and containerization technologies (KVM, ESX, Kubernotes, and Docker)
- Experience with configuration management / application deployment tools (Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef, or others)
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of previous work experience
- Good documentation and communication skills
- Ability to work alone or in a group setting
- Insists on automation whenever and wherever possible
- Passion to learn, solve, retain, teach, and iterate
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Sys Admin, 100% DevOps, 100% Deployments
- 100% hands on – 50% operations and infrastructure build out, 50% automation
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140,000
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Catered lunch every Friday
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.