An award-winning SaaS company in Orange County is growing and has an immediate opening for a Senior DevOps engineer with Kubernetes and Jenkins experience to add to their DevOps team for a 3-month contract to hire role. The company is looking for a highly motivated self-starter, who can work with minimal direction and guide the team in the right direction of automating an environment with Kubernetes. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on a next generation award winning product using the latest and greatest technologies.
This candidate is will be automating their large infrastructure environment and maintain the stability, integrity and performance of all customer production environments including storage, servers, networking, virtualization, automation systems and all associated hardware and software solutions in our private and public cloud.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with Kubernetes in production
- Release and deployment process working with test and QA tooling includes things like (Jenkins, nexus, AWS ELB, chef, monitoring tools, rundeck)
- Experience with containers, migrating applications to microservice model
- Experience with migrating existing apps and services to Kubernetes.
- Familiar with production readiness concepts and experience with supporting ( high availability, monitoring, logging, alerting)
- 3+ years of AWS, Chef, Docker, and python scripting experience.
- Enthusiastic, high-energy individual, self-motivated and self-directed– culture is paramount!
- Cloud Services/IaaS engineering experience is a plus.
- Experience with Terraform is a big plus
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong team management experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong organizational/business planning skills.
- Proven strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams.
- 60% Kubernetes
- 40% Jenkins and Chef
- 70% Containerization with Kubernetes within microservices.
- 30% Deployments with Jenkins and Chef
- Competitive Pay: Up to $65.00/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 Months to hire
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.