Data Engineer / Java & Scala
The technical branch for a global management consulting firm is looking to add a Data Engineer to their team in Dallas, Texas. They partner with various clients from the private, public, and non-profit sectors in all areas to address their most critical needs and transform their business. When their clients need help managing their data – they develop the product, tools, and platforms needed to transform that information to make a real impact.
This role is perfect for someone who loves to solve hard problems through technology and can work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Additionally – this person needs to have a strong background in Java, Scala, SQL, Big Data technologies, and knowledge of either AWS or Azure. This engineer will play a key role in deploying machine learning models, supporting project management, and contributing to the overall solution, integration, and enterprise architectures.
Required Skills & Experience
- Solid background in Java, Scala, and SQL
- Experience working with Big Data technologies – Spark, Hive, Hadoop
- Knowledge of either AWS or Azure
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% New Development, 50% Maintenance
- 70% Coding, 30% Architecture/Design
- 20% Front-End, 80% Back-End
- 100% Hands On
- 0% Management Duties
- 60% Team Collaboration, 40% Individual Contribution
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.