Senior DevOps Engineer / Connected Vehicles / AWS / Cloud Formation / Terraform / Irving Texas
This company located in Irving,Texas is a major player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps. They have currently four million connected vehicles and they have a strong desire to connect thirty million by 2025
They're looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to join their platform group that is extremely hands on with high frequency IoT data. They are looking for someone with exposure to AWS specifically Cloud Formation, Terraform, Configuration Management tools, and most importantly familiarity with messaging tools such as Kafka or Kinesis. You will support the company’s production environments, DevOps automation, data pipelining, and CI/CD development. Come join us and help us build the technology that will define the future of connected vehicle solutions.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, troubleshooting, and related DevOps technologies
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Understand pros and cons of cloud technologies
- Strong experience with multiple provisioning, deployment, cloud computing tools like CloudFormation and Vagrant.
- Experience and understanding of the SDLC.
- Object-oriented programming background in Java, C++, or C#
- Experience architecting cloud infrastructure and services like AWS and related APIs
- Strong experience with config/provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Salt, or Ansible in environments with multiple nodes
- Experience with testing tools such as Cucumber, Inspect, and Serverspec
- Strong experience with containerization/orchestration technologies tools like Rancher, Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, and Swarm
- Strong understanding of multiple source control systems such as GitHub
- Experience with CI/CD automation tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, and artifact repositories like Nexus or Archiva.
- Some Data Pipelining experience with tools such as Kafka, Flink or Spark highly desired
Desired Skills & Experience
- Design and build tools and frameworks that support deploying and managing the company’s platforms.
- Design, build, and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services, and underlying software infrastructure.
- Assist in coaching application developers on proper techniques for building scalable applications in the micro-services paradigm.
- Foster collaboration with software product development and IT teams to ensure releases are delivered with repeatable and auditable processes.
- Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restores of different environments.
What You Will Be Doing
- 40% AWS
- 30% Kubernetes
- 30% Kafka
- 50% Hands On
- 50% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $140k/yr, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Work from home flexibility
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.