Senior Level VMWare Tech Lead / Subject Matter Expert
A Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation called Freddie Mac in Reston, Va (I'm guessing you've heard of them) is looking for a VMWare SME to provide senior level VMware technical support and provisioning on vSphere, VRealize Operations, VSAN, VRealize Automation.
Technical SME on VMWare products. Provide senior level VMware technical support and provisioning on vSphere, VRealize Operations, VSAN, VRealize Automation. Experience on HPE C7000 Blade enclosures and servers.
- Maintaining existing systems (servers / virtual hosts / SAN / AD / Email / IM) including configuring the system, setting up the servers, installing hardware and other equipment, backup and disaster recovery, assisting in resolving security issues.
- Providing second-level technical and non-technical support as needed, including client/vendor relations and technical problem solving
- Researching new technologies to fully understand implementation requirements and implications for integration with other systems.
- Understanding of systems analysis and testing procedures.
- Troubleshooting and debugging increasingly complex system problems, making recommendations for improved operational efficiency, repair, replacement or upgrades.
- Producing required documentation such as client communication, proposals and user instructions.
- Negotiate with vendors to obtain competitive bids for equipment or services.
- Working under general supervision, exercising initiative and independent judgment as appropriate.
- Assist in projects and support Network Operations team;
- Assist in projects and support Software Developers team, work together to maintain application, web and database servers;
- Demonstrated expertise on VMware vSphere (6.0 – 6.5) system administration skills and troubleshooting plus resolution, vSphere, vRealize Operations, vRealize Automation in a large-scale virtualize environment (100+ hosts, 1,000+ VM’s)
- Experience administering and troubleshooting HPE Proliant blade servers, C7000 enclosures
- Experience with Guest Operating Systems – RHEL Linux, Windows
- Experience with VMware systems using SAN and NAS as the Storage backend
- Knowledge and exposure to network protocols and tools for system side diagnostics
- Knowledge of distributed systems development, tools, and designs
- Knowledge and experience in the administration and operations of large-scale distributed computing environments * Excellent communication and decision-making skills
- competitive salaries
- topnotch benefits package ( including health insurance, dental insurance)
- vacation/sick leave
- life insurance
- paid holidays
- tuition reimbursement
- casual work environment
- job security, and advancement
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.