Senior Ruby Developer / Engineer
An up and coming and successful startup is actively seeking a Software Engineer who wants to make an impact within the customer service side of the business world all through the help of tech. this startup is looking for someone who is a self-starter and craves the idea of constantly learning new things, wants to contribute their ideas, as well as be themselves and contribute to office culture.
In this role, you’ll be using React, Node.js, Ruby, as well as PostgreSQL. The ideal candidate is someone who is looking to grow within a company and wants to make a difference with their knowledge and ideas. You’ll have experience with Unit Testing and mentoring junior developers. This role full time in downtown Chicago with the opportunity for benefits.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Interest in learning or previous experience with Scala and Go
- Experience writing unit tests
- Experience working with a team
- Professional knowledge of Github
- Experience with SQL
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with React and Redux
- Experience working across platforms (mobile, kiosk, tablet, web etc.)
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Back-End
- 70% Coding | 30% Architecture
- 80% New | 20% Maintenance
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130,000/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.