Software Engineer, Innovations Team, Big Data Platform / Public Company
Do you want to start a brand new engineering team that is focused on researching and building innovative products that can bring value to established publicly traded company?
This person will develop innovative big data solutions related to identity resolution management in new domains outside of marketing.
This is a well-funded group that needs two senior or lead level engineers to establish greatness!
This publicly traded company in downtown San Francisco sells a product that has big data at its core. There are seven different engineering teams that make up the Engineering organization that all work on big data systems. The real value of the company's product comes from a 100K core Hadoop cluster that processes a massive amount of data related to identity resolution. It helps companies identify users' multiple devices for marketing, identity in healthcare, and risk and fraud purposes.
The company has recently gone public and offers lucrative RSU offerings. It has $1.5B+ in the bank and is highly profitable.
Required Skills & Experience
- Expertise in Java or C/C++
- Expertise in designing and implementing distributed systems for streaming big data processing
- Strong communication and ability to own solutions and end-to-end project-based responsibilities
- Senior or lead level in experience
- Capable of working independently and in a team setting
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Spark, or similar data processing technologies
- Experience working on petabyte-scale distributed systems
- Experience in parallel programming
What You Will Be Doing
- 30-40% architecture and design
- 60-70% implementation
- Java-based distributed systems
- Cloud environment with AWS and GCP
- Highly competitive compensation in the $200-500K total cash compensation range
- Downtown San Francisco, conveniently located to Montgomery BART station
- RSUs, strong medical, dental, and vision plan
- Potential for sign-on bonus as well as annual bonuses
- Strong company identity, engineering culture, and value on a tech product
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.