Engineering Manager, Big Data Infrastructure / Publicly Traded Big Data Company
Do you want to work on the third largest user graph database in the world that is only second to Google and Facebook?
Do you want to work on data pipelines that handle 100+ PBs of data?
Work alongside engineers that have come from top name Silicon Valley tech giants, built first-of-its-kind exa-scale data storage systems, and are open source project committers?
This publicly traded company in downtown San Francisco sells a product that has big data at its core. There are seven different engineering teams that make up the Engineering organization that all work on big data systems. The real value of the company's product comes from a 100K core Hadoop cluster that processes a massive amount of data related to identity resolution. It helps companies identify users' multiple devices for marketing, identity in healthcare, and risk and fraud purposes.
This person will likely be an experienced Architect, Principal/Lead/Staff Software Engineer that wants to be in a hybrid engineering manager and technical lead role. This person will manage one of seven engineering teams within the Engineering Organization, all focused on big data and Java distributed systems. This is an established team of roughly seven engineers building big data applications used across the engineering org by other big data engineers.
The company has recently gone public and offers lucrative RSU offerings. It has $1.5B+ in the bank and is highly profitable.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience managing Java distributed systems and big data engineers at mid- to large-sized companies
- Strong communication and ability to lead highly technical team
- Problem solving ability and ability to resolve conflict through transparent and proactive communication
- Implement modern best practices and technologies
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Spark, or similar data processing technologies
- Experience working on petabyte-scale distributed systems
- Experience in parallel programming
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% management
- 30% architecture, design, and implementation
- 20% team strategy, cross-team collaboration, etc.
- Highly competitive compensation in the $200-500K total cash compensation range
- Downtown San Francisco, conveniently located to Montgomery BART station
- RSUs, strong medical, dental, and vision plan
- Potential for sign-on bonus as well as annual bonuses
- Strong company identity, engineering culture, and value on a tech product
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.