The Staff DevOps Engineer is accountable for driving the optimization, implementation and adoption of Cloud and Automation capabilities.
You will work with engineering to ensure capabilities are built to meet required use cases, and work with technology teams on implementation and adoption. While having technical depth and breadth, you can explain concepts and technology to anyone from novice to expert and can coach teams to achieve their goals.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ hands on experience in DevOps, SRE, and/or Unix/Linux system administration role
- Experience with public cloud platforms (GCP, Azure or AWS), Kubernetes, Linux Containers, and/or Docker is preferred
- Experience with build automation frameworks and pipeline tools such as Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, Artifactory, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Spinnaker, Terraform, etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Solid understanding of Agile methodology
- Experience delivering complex leading-edge solutions with the ability to dive in and out of the details when needed
- University Degree/College Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology disciplines or equivalent experience
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Development
- 50% Operations
- 80% Hands On
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $80/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 3-12 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Statutory Vacation
- Holiday Pay
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in Canada on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.