Junior Linux Administrator / Postfix / Sendmail / DNS / Uptown Dallas
A Junior Linux Administrator is needed by a software product company in Dallas! The company is a well-known security/encryption organization that needs to hire someone for their system/infrastructure support team.
This person should have at least 1 year of experience with the Linux command line (desktop support experience is helpful as well but cannot be substituted). Candidates should be able to name a few DNS records as well, and working knowledge of networking is helpful as well. This person should also be familiar with TCP/IP protocols and services and basic firewall management.
Required Skills & Experience
- Successfully pass background investigation
- Minimum 1 year experience with Linux/Unix command line (shell)
- Experienced in direct customer communication.
- Familiar with common TCP/IP protocols and services.
- Good knowledge of various Operating Systems (Windows 7/10, Unix/Linux).
- Experience in configuration and operation of SMTP messaging systems (Exchange, Domino, Postfix)
- Strong networking knowledge (DNS, routers, firewalls, etc) and troubleshooting experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service/phone support skills
- Strong, sound decision-making skills, good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Able to respond to on-call notifications 24/7
Desired Skills & Experience
- Providing technical guidance to customers in response to service requests received over the phone or through email
- Championing and coordinating resolution of customer support issues that can't be resolved by first line support.
- Ensuring all customer communications are professional, accurate, and timely.
- Developing technical content for inclusion in the support knowledge base.
- Utilizing support applications for problem recording and tracking.
- Rotating on-call status, with pager notification.
What You Will Be Doing
- 40% Postfix
- 30% Sendmail
- 30% DNS
- 50% Hands On
- 50% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $60k/yr, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Work from home flexibility
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.