A well-known data analytics company in Koreatown is looking to bring on a Data Engineer as they continue to grow out the team. You will be working with data from both web applications and mobile devices to help create target-based analytics without impeding on user’s privacy or personal information.
The ideal candidate is someone strong with Python for scripting, has worked with Apache Spark, built ETLs, worked with SQL databases and worked with an AWS cloud environment (Redshift, EC3, S2). If you’re someone who is self-motivated, cares about the quality of their code and can work well in a collaborative team environment, this would be a great opportunity for you.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years scripting with Python or Scala
- 3+ years using Apache Spark
- 2+ years working with RESTful APIs
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience using AWS (S3, EC2, Redshift)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
What You Will Be Doing
- 50% Scripting/building ETLs
- 25% Databases
- 25% AWS cloud services
- 80% Hands On
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $130K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Catered Lunches on Fridays
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.