Senior DevOps Engineer / Connected Vehicles / IoT / Kafka / Kubernetes / Irving Texas
North America’s leading connected vehicle intelligence company, located in Irving Texas is providing businesses and consumers with powerful insights to track, manage and protect their most valuable mobile assets. Their award winning platform supports nearly 4 million active subscribers across the company’s growing suite of products for new and used car dealers, lenders and financial institutions, rental car agencies, commercial and local fleet operators, and consumers.
They're looking for a Senior DevOps engineer to join their platform group that is extremely hands on with high frequency IoT data. They are looking for someone with exposure to AWS (Cloud Formation), Terraform, Configuration Management tools, and most importantly familiarity with Kafka and Kubernetes. Major plusses would be someone with experience working closely with an IoT dev team, on a streaming platform, or any vehicle telematic company
Required Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Understand pros and cons of cloud technologies
- Strong experience with multiple provisioning, deployment, cloud computing tools like CloudFormation and Vagrant.
- Experience and understanding of the SDLC.
- Object-oriented programming background in Java, C++, or C#
- Experience architecting cloud infrastructure and services like AWS and related APIs
- Strong experience with config/provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Salt, or Ansible in environments with multiple nodes
- Experience with testing tools such as Cucumber, Inspect, and Serverspec
- Strong experience with containerization/orchestration technologies tools like Rancher, Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, and Swarm
- Strong understanding of multiple source control systems such as GitHub
- Experience with CI/CD automation tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, and artifact repositories like Nexus or Archiva.
- Some Data Pipelining experience with tools such as Kafka, Flink or Spark highly desired
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of site reliability, systems administration or DevOps experience
- Professional experience with container orchestration systems (Kubernetes, Swarm, Rancher, ECS, etc.)
- Professional experience with a cloud hosting platform (GCP preferred)
- Professional experience with Terraform Atlantis experience a plus
- Professional experience administering a CI/CD platform GitOps experience a plus
- Experience with Python 3 and Golang
- Proficient in a scripting language such as Bash, Python or Ruby
What You Will Be Doing
- 40% Kubernetes
- 30% Kafka
- 30% Cloud Formation
- 50% Hands On
- 50% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $150k/yr, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Work from home flexibility
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates , part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.