A company that partners with academic organizations, startups, and various other industries is looking to hire a JAVA/Hadoop Engineer to join their growing global data team. The global data team supports clients and internal teams to create innovative products and solutions. The company is looking for a passionate technologist with strong entrepreneurial skills.
You should have extensive experience working with Hadoop and other big data technologies. The ideal candidate should have experience with Microservices, Spark, Scala and Node.js. You should also be someone who is cross-functional and be a champion for data structure design and optimization. The JAVA/Hadoop Engineer should also be experienced in working in an agile environment and be very comfortable with JVM and transforming and merging large data feeds.
If you consider yourself passionate, driven, and innovative- this is the team you want to work with! Don’t hesitate in sending your resume, as the company is urgently looking for the right candidate!
Required Skills & Experience
- JAVA, Scala, JVM
- Hadoop 2.0
- Spark, Kafka, Solr, Spark SWL, Sqoop, Microservices
- AWS, Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Big Data experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with transforming and merging large data feeds
- Passion for working in an Agile environment
- Experience working or desire to work in a start-up environment
- Competitive salary: up to $95K per year
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies and have the ownership to make decisions to get the job done
- Work with smart, collaborative individuals, in a start-up, no cubes environment
- 401k, Flexible/Casual environment and schedule
- Extremely competitive salary and bonus opportunity