Senior Cloud Database Engineer
A growing commercial real estate information company in Washington DC is looking to add a Senior Cloud Database Engineer to the team. This is a hybrid role involving SQL Development and DevOps and you will play a crucial role in developing the team and mentoring junior developers. Extensive experience in a Cloud environment and with NoSQL databases is a must.
Required Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have experience with at least one of the Pubic Cloud providers like AWS, Google Cloud Services and Azure experience.
- Cloud migration experience also a plus.
- Relational Database Management experience in the past is a plus.
- Excellent technical expertise in relevant state of the art data technologies, database warehouse data security, data systems, and its design. Able to formulate and present various solutions for business initiatives and discuss pros/cons for each option.
- Strong AWS experience
- Strong Cloud Database management experience (Redshift/Snowflake/Greenplum) Data warehouse or Data analytics
- Deep Knowledge of monitoring tools: Kibana, CloudWatch, DataDog, etc
- Deep Knowledge of automation tools & Scripts: , ELK, PRTG, Jenkins, Chef, Lamda, Terraform, Cloudfomation, Azure Automation, etc
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Cloud (AWS and Azure)
- 20% SQL Development
- 80% Hands On
- 20% Mentoring Duties
- 100% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Market-leading compensation
- Breakfast and lunch made fresh daily, in addition to snack
- Access to a free trainer in the onsite state of the art gym and member subscriptions to Peleton bikes
- Flexible hours
- Company retreats to San Diego
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription and vision benefits with a choice of two plans
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid long-term and short-term disability benefits
- A rich 401(k) plan
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.