Senior Data Engineer
A location-services company Downtown Chicago is looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join the team! The large, stable organization is continuing to expand as their product continues to make ground-breaking progress in the location-services industry. They’re looking for someone that can mentor junior engineers and perform code reviews, but also remain hands on and code with Java, Scala, & Python, working within the AWS (EMR) & Big Data ecosystems using Spark or Kafka for real-time streaming.
This is a great opportunity to do interesting work, with both a modern technology stack and modern product!
Required Skills & Experience
- BS or MS in CS or related field
- 8+ years of professional Data Engineering experience
- Proficiency with 2+ of the following programming languages: Scala, Python, Java
- Proficiency with the AWS environment is a must (EMR, S3, etc.)
- Proficiency with the Hadoop environment (Hive, Pig, HDFS, etc.)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Professional Spark/Kafka experience
- Geospatial technology experience (GIS)
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% AWS
- 100% Big Data
- 70% Hands On
- 30% Management Duties
- 100% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.