Senior Software Engineer, Java in Emerging Technologies
One of the top Software Development companies in Philadelphia is hiring a Full-time Senior Java Developer to bring their Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning platform into prominence. In a growth stage, the company is profitable and was recently acquired by one of the most innovative and successful Financial Services companies in the world. They are operating as their innovations department, and are launching products that will change the way we invest our money in the modern age.
This is a great chance for the Senior Engineers to take on growth in a lead role, while working on from scratch products in emerging technologies. You will have a chance to work collaboratively with technical leadership and business stakeholders, while advancing your career.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Computer Science, Engineering, or Technology based degree is preferred
- Proficiency in Java skills
- 3+ years of professional experience in Java 6-7, with an interest or expertise in Java 8 a must
- Experience with development on the cloud
- Experience with databases like Oracle, MySQL or other SQL databases
- Shell Scripting and an understanding of Unix and Linux systems
- Source Control system experience is a must, like github etc.
Desired Skills and Experience
- RESTful API and RESTful web services experience is a bonus
- DevOps best practice an experience is a plus, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience building products in microservices architecture
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Java Development
- Some Architectural Design, specifically Microservices architecture
- 80-90% Hands On
- Up to 10-20% Project Leadership Duties
- Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- A chance to work with some of the top minds in software development
- Experience building green field software products
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for Health Insurance
- Other financial benefits including equity, 401(k) with match, and merit based bonuses
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- 10 company observed holidays
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Flexible hours and some work from home available
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.