Lead Software Engineer, Java and Functional Programming
We are hiring a Lead Software Engineer to join a growth stage company to own their suite of SAAS products in the healthcare space. This innovative scientific research and data company is past the start-up phase, is profitable, and growing their technical teams to develop green field software products.
You will have the opportunity to own the end to end product and software development cycle for their keystone products, Big Data tools that allow healthcare companies to aggregate and compute large sets of data that will help alter the way they conduct business and serve patients. This is an excellent opportunity for the Senior Engineer to take on growth in a lead role, or the existing Lead Engineer to own a suite of products with a chance to grow skills, title, and salary organically.
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Java 7-8 experience, or expertise in Java 6 with interest in learning new skills
- Experience with other Object Oriented Programming (Python, C, C++, C#, .Net, etc.)
- Experience with functional programming such as Scala
- SpringBoot and Hibernate frameworks experience
- Source control experience (GitHub, Jenkins, etc.)
- Cloud deployment experience, AWS, Azure, etc.
- CI/CD Experience
- Experience developing API’s and SDK’s, including but not limited to RESTful web services, etc.
- Architectural Design expertise
Desired Skills and Experience
- Third party API’s, Libraries, and Frameworks is a plus
- Hands on experience with Docker is a bonus
- Microservices architecture experience
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Java Development
- 10-20% architectural design and implementation
- Other OOP and Functional Programming as needed
- 80-90% Hands On
- Up to 10-20% Project Leadership Duties
- Continued Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $150K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Opportunity for upward mobility and organic growth in title, salary, and skill
- End to End experience developing products from scratch, and working on green field software development projects
- Full Medical benefits, including health, dental, and vision provided by company
- Excellent retirement benefits including 401(k) with match, and profit sharing
- Bonus structure based on personal and company performance
- Excellent paid time off policy
- Flex hours and Work From Home available at discretion of employee and manager
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.