Staff Data Engineer / Scala/Spark
A brand name nationwide company in the Agricultural Machinery space is hiring for a Staff Data Engineer for their engineering office in SF. The AI team is leveraging Machine Learning to revolutionize agriculture machinery. In this role, you'd be working with real-time Geospatial Data coming from their machinery. From day one you'd be heavily involved and the design and architecture of data ingestion pipelines and help deploy Machine Learning Algorithms.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with IoT Data and/or Geospatial Data
- Experience working with GDAL or similar spatial libraries
- 8 + years' experience writing and running production code
- Experience coding in Scala, Java or Python
- Experience with Big Data Technologies such as Spark
- Background of Java Development
- Experience in a Cloud Environment (AWS)
What You Will Be Doing
- Scala, Spark, Hadoop, AWS
- 50% Architecture
- 50% Development
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.