Lead Scala Engineer / Streaming Service / SF
Streaming video platform built in 100% Scala is targeting a Lead Scala Engineer to join their downtown San Francisco HQ. This specific platform has been highly successful with the service being free for consumers to stream.
The service is able to be free by increased advertising with higher amounts of viewing. Advertising is geared toward a lower to middle income audience since this audience is the highest users of the service and a niche audience that wouldn't use paid subscription services like Netflix or Hulu.
Required Skills & Experience
- Professional Scala development experience
- Highly technical, creative problem solving mindset
- Ability to think independently but also work in a tight-knit team environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Exposure to big data technologies - specifically with Spark framework and Scala API
- Experience with Scala/Akka
- Experience working with a startup
- Experience working projects from end-to-end and through completion to "go live"
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% hands-on implementation - split 50/50 architecture and design versus
- 20% leadership and best practices
- Incredibly technical team!
- Have placed multiple engineers with this client, and the client hires some of the strongest engineers in San Francisco that will work on very complex, high-level challenges
- Extremely competitive base salary with bonus and strong equity package in middle-stage but promising startup
- Passionate teammates
- Passionate founding team and strong leadership
- Passionate problem solvers
- Snacks galore
- Flexible schedule and ability to work from home
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.