Scala Developer / Big Data Platform
A Series C company in SF is hiring for a backend Scala Engineer to help scale their User Engagement SaaS platform. The same engineers that created Twitter's original user engagement platform also built this platform.You'd join the Big Data team and design and develop backend in micro-services in Scala with Kafka and Elasticsearch.You'd also contribute to data pipeline development using Spark.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience or strong interest in running distributed systems
- 5 + years' experience writing and running production code
- Experience coding in Scala
- Experience with Unix-based systems
- Background of Java Development
- Passion for learning and mentoring others. A team player.
- Scala, Akka Streams, ElasticSearch, Kafka
- 100% Hands-on
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision & life insurance
- Unlimited PTO, great work/life balance, and fantastic location
- Catered lunches delivered to the office daily + unlimited snacks/beverages
- Generous monthly Employee Wellness Allowance
- Professional Development Allowance of $300/quarter
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.