The data team is seeking an experienced MySQL DBA to aid in the improvement, maintenance, and scaling of the relational database systems. This is an opportunity to have a significant impact on a critical part of the business, innovate with the latest tools in the database space, and work on a small team of experienced engineers.
Required Skills & Experience
- Four years experience administering MySQL (or MySQL drop-in equivalent).
- Expertise on replication strategies (multi-master, semi-synchronous, asynchronous), failover and high availability, backup strategies, and upgrade procedures.
- Comfortability with bare-metal environments. Expertise with Linux (CentOS) including tools like Linux software RAID (mdadm) and LVM.
- Experience with cloud database deployments on services like AWS RDS or Google's Cloud SQL.
- Python 2/3 scripting experience.
- Strong experience profiling and optimizing SQL statements. Ability to tune databases for optimization under specific workloads.
- Experience with Percona distribution of MySQL including XtraDB.
What You Will Be Doing
- Aid in the maintenance and improvement of the relational database infrastructure. This work will emphasize improving and iterating on our high availability strategies, enhancing our backup procedures, and exploring geographically diverse deployments.
- Instill process and procedure that allow database infrastructure to scale as more incubating companies are created.
- Help incubating companies plan their schemas and table layouts, and debug or optimize problematic SQL.
- Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure that any outages are limited in scope and duration.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Add additional perks specific to the work environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.