Senior DevOps Engineer
A not-for-profit membership organization dedicated to providing excellence and equity in education. Working within the Information Technology division and key business units, the Senior DevOps Engineer will support internal development teams by building self-service Continuous Delivery systems using Ruby, Rails/Sinatra, Docker, and React on the AWS cloud. The ideal candidate will have designed, developed, and automated solutions that support business functionality, but who has a passion for automation and learning new technologies. The candidate must possess the technical skills and experience using Ruby or React to build applications and services. They operate using Scrum and Kanban, so experience using Agile methodologies to deliver software is a plus.
- Passion to learning new things (Voice interfaces, mobile development, Data Science)
- Experience writing full stack web applications using Rails/Sinatra/AWS Lambda and React
- Enjoys writing clean, concise code, and automated tests
- Create CI/CD infrastructure, infrastructure as code, and integration tests for the software you create
- Provide personalized support to the internal customers of the tools you build and maintain.
Desired Skills & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or MIS.
- At least 5 years of experience using Ruby and/or Rails
- 1 – 3 years of experience using React, Docker, and AWS
- Competitive Pay: Up to $85/hr
- Contract to hire
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Add additional perks specific to the work environment
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Motion Recruitment Partners is parent company to Jobspring Partners and Workbridge Associates, leading providers of IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.