Senior DevOps Engineer/ Kubernetes / Kafka / Direct Hire / $160k
The company in question has a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025, with nearly 4 million connected vehicles today, this company is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
Our Software Engineering Test team plays a critical role in enabling the company in question in terms of providing customers with high quality products offerings backed by our highly available and reliable cloud infrastructure. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference in a self-empowered and agile organization that encourages new ideas through collaboration and creativity.
Are you passionate about technology? When you hear words like Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka and auto-scaling does your heart go aflutter? Then this opportunity is right up your alley!
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, troubleshooting, and related DevOps technologies
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Understand pros and cons of cloud technologies
- Strong experience with multiple provisioning, deployment, cloud computing tools like CloudFormation and Vagrant.
- Experience and understanding of the SDLC.
- Object-oriented programming background in Java, C++, or C#
- Experience architecting cloud infrastructure and services like AWS and related APIs
- Strong experience with config/provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Salt, or Ansible in environments with multiple nodes
- Experience with testing tools such as Cucumber, Inspect, and Serverspec
- Strong experience with containerization/orchestration technologies tools like Rancher, Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, and Swarm
Desired Skills & Experience
As part of the Software Engineering team you will be responsible for configuration, optimization, documentation and support of the infrastructure components of Spireon software products which are hosted in collocated facilities and cloud services such as AWS.
- Design and build tools and frameworks that support deploying and managing Spireon platforms.
- Design, build, and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services, and underlying software infrastructure.
- Assist in coaching application developers on proper techniques for building scalable applications in the micro-services paradigm.
What You Will Be Doing
- 40% AWS
- 30% Jenkins
- 30% Terraform
- 50% Hands On
- 50% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $160k/yr, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Work from home flexibility
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates , part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.