Senior AWS DevOps Engineer/ Sports Technology / Plano Texas / Terraform / Jenkins
If you have always wanted to tie your passions for technology and sports together, this is your DREAM JOB! This sports technology company located in Plano, co-founded by Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys is on a mission to build the best collection of sports technology companies within the youth sports ecosystem. The company started out as a platform with management tools for clubs and leagues, such as building databases. Now, its family of companies span the youth sports universe, from tools that build team websites, allow online registration and create fan shops to software that analyzes game day videos.
They are looking for high energy team members to change the world of sports management software. This is an opportunity to build your technology career with a rapidly growing company in the sports industry. The company in question is looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer, with at least 3 years of open-source based application development. As a DevOps Engineer, you will work directly with a cross-functional SCRUM team to create robust sports related applications that include users from across the globe. You will be responsible for maintaining a suite of highly available, highly scalable applications.
You will work with our core league management application, which includes management of state associations and clubs & leagues throughout the US. You will have a chance to make an impact at the infrastructure level. You will be relied upon to make recommendations on uptime, scalability, monitoring, and usage.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of AWS experience.
- Strong background with Python, Ruby, or Go
- Strong background with Docker
- Strong background with Docker Container Orchestration Services, preferably Kubernetes
- Heavily familiar with CI/CD
- Strong background with orchestration tools like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet
- Strong understanding of Infrastructure as Code: Terraform or Cloudformation
- Familiarity with GitLab, Circle CI, Travis CI, or Jenkins
- Understanding of Message brokers like SQS, Rabbit MQ, or Kafka
- Strong understanding of New Relic or other monitoring services like Cloudwatch, and Datadog
- Understanding of Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with OWASP
- Experience deploying and managing micro-services
- Experience with API Gateways
- Experience with directory services like LDAP or Active Directory
- Working knowledge of PostgresQL, MySQL, and/or MongoDB
- Strong debugging, problem solving and investigative skills
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience designing highly-trafficked systems
What You Will Be Doing
- 40% DevOps
- 30% AWS
- 30% Jenkins
- 50% Hands On
- 50% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Pay: Up to $150k/yr, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- Work from home flexibility
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.