Senior Java Architect
One of the largest car sharing services local to LA is hiring for a Senior Architect to join their team. They're looking for someone to design, architect, and develop as part of their server-side team. The engineering team wants to bring in a developer that can help increase the scalability of their platforms and products since the dream is to handle, for starters, approximately 1.5 million drivers. That means millions of data sets being generated and recorded through one funnel. Their tech stack is centered around Java; their parent company used Ruby, so experience with that is a plus. One of your main tasks will center around scalability, and JVM tuning, so any experience there will put you above the rest.
Required Skills & Experience
- 7+ Years of technical experience as a software engineer
- Strong professional experience using Java
- Strong experience leading the design and architectural efforts for a software development team.
- Strong experience increasing the scalability of server-side infrastructure.
- Experience with Spring Frameworks (Spring Boot)
- Experience increasing scalability with the use of the cloud; particularly on AWS
- Experience generating solutions with the use of micro-services architecture.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with Ruby, Scala, Python, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, and Cassandra is a plus
- Experience in a start-up environement
What You Will Be Doing
- 60% Hands On
- 20% Management Duties
- 20% Team Collaboration
- Competitive Salary: Up to $170K/year, DOE
- Bonus incentives
You will receive the following benefits:
- Health Care Package
- Uncapped PTO
- Vacation Time
- Flexible Work-Life balance
- Desk budget; set-up your work space
- Awesome work space, ping pong table, outdoor lounge, etc
- Bi-weekly team lunches
- Work in Historical landmark that was once a church among many things
- Location next to all the goodies and culinary delights one could ever want
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.