Big Data Engineer, Predictive Analytics Platform / Pricing/Inventory Recommendation (Spark)
Big data platform that processes pricing and inventory data for all brands at this retail giant is operating at massive scale. You'll be working on the Spark framework that processes this data and makes predictions about how many items will be allocated to which locations and at which price. The goal is for optimization of inventory and planning to reach a "zero waste" goal.
This person will be working in a Java environment that is 100% cloud based. Current projects are related to rolling out Docker and Kubernetes across the board for deployments. The main focus will be working with Spark.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficiency in Java
- Experience with big data technologies like Storm, Hadoop, Hive, Hbase - Spark will be used on the job but is not an absolute requirement, although it would help candidates
- Experience working in cloud environments
- Strong communication
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience building high scale distributed systems with modern big data technologies
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% working on Spark framework
- 20% working on distributed systems that feed data to data processing framework and predictive algorithms
- Gain experience with extremely high-scale platform
- Gain experience with big data technologies
- Work in desirable Mission Bay location and great office building with normal tech company "perks"
- Great team and manager who has a strong background in big data
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.