Senior DevOps Engineer
A leading provider of switching, protection, and control solutions for electric power systems is looking for an experienced DevOps engineer that’s driven to deliver using the latest technologies and best practices.
Skills & Requirements
- Continue building out our Infrastructure as Code initiative. Write unit and integration tests for DevOps repos.
- Improve on and maintain our CI and CD processes
- Work with other developers and QA to help improve the development release cycle
- Work side by side with the Configuration Management team to produce stable builds
- Have a proactive approach to improve the application and environment
- Help maintain Development and QA environments
- Must have experience with Ansible or Terraform
- Should have experience with Docker (Swarm and/or Kubernetes a plus)
- Must have experience with at least 2 Configuration Management and Continuous Integration tools
- Experience running production software in AWS cloud and VMWare on-premise
- Past experience in DevOps with strong system background.
- BS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with VMWare, Linux, Maven / ANT, Bash, Perl, Git
- Experience with Java Application Servers, SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Experience with automating jobs using Python/Perl/Shell scripting
- Experience with system level cyber security tools and frameworks, SELinux, Iptables, Docker secrets, AWS and VMWare Security
- Good at debugging and problem solving
- Self-motivated in getting the tasks completed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for documenting work.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Environment: Frequent handling of parts or tools.
- Handling: Frequent handling of parts or tools.
- Reaching: Infrequent reaching.
- Bending: Occasional bending during access to equipment.
- Pulling: Infrequent pulling of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work.
- Pushing: Infrequent pushing of objects, possibly related to rearrangement work.
- Carrying: Occasional carrying of light objects.
- Walking: Occasional walking throughout the facility.
- Lifting: Occasional lifting of controls and test equipment, less than 50 pounds.
- Standing: Occasional standing for work on complete control assemblies.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.