Mid Level- DevOps Engineer
A leading global energy company is looking for a DevOps Engineer II that will report to the Manager, Enterprise Applications & IT PMO and is responsible for playing a significant role in designing, developing, implementing, testing and supporting the Microsoft applications and integrated solutions.
- Investigating and using new technologies where relevant; Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Providing written knowledge transfer material; Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures; Maintaining and improving existing codebases and peer review code changes
- Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Improving system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures
- Enhancing applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations and designing and implementing systems
- Liaising with colleagues to implement technical designs
Candidates for this role will have a high level of technical skill specifically focused on working within the Windows operating system, the applications it supports, and standard CI/CD tools. Possessing the below skills, will be critical to getting started with an already up and running team and succeed in this role.
- Server administration – A high level of technical knowledge regarding Windows server setup, deployment, and maintenance. Linux experience necessary, as well
- Microsoft domain – knowledge of Microsoft Group Policy, Active Directory, and their implications on running systems
- Coding and scripting – capability in coding and scripting is vital in this role. Engineers are frequently needed to work directly with server / tool code. Examples: Groovy, Python, C#
- Information security – advanced understanding of best practices and techniques to maintain and enhance system and information security
- Communication skills – capability to work between multiple teams and articulate deliverables, needs, and blockers very clearly
- Problem-solving – ability to work in a complex cloud-based environment with Windows and Linux operating systems, as well as commercial and custom build software
- Bachelor’s degree or significant relevant experience is required
- Hands-on experience working with technologies like SharePoint, .NET, Power Apps, Flow, Dynamics 365, etc.
- Strong DevOps focus and experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, etc.
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience the following software/tools:
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Azure, AWS, etc.
- Experience with build automation technologies like Azure DevOps, Maven, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with monitoring technologies like Nagios, Ganglia, etc.
- Experience with modern programming languages like Java, Python, etc.
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl, Shell, etc.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across 11 major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.