Senior Scala/Spark Engineer
Tech innovation group of leading real estate corporation (publicly traded with over $5B+ in revenue annually) is adding a Senior Scala/Spark Engineer to their Emeryville-based big data/ML group.
This group is led by the Director of Engineering & Analytics + VP of Data Engineering and is building a platform to process 9PB of historical real estate sales data that will help agents globally predict which homes will hit the market and which buyers are most likely to be buying soon and to buy that specific property based on their previous purchases, timelines, etc.
This is an agile group and well-funded initiative. The team has amazing tenure, and this even offers option for remote.
This team is hiring two senior big data engineers that will work in Scala and Spark.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proficient in Java, Python, or Scala
- Minimum of six years of professional experience
- Experience with Spark and similar big data frameworks
- Experience with Kafka or similar
- Experience with batch and streaming data processing
- Building ETL pipelines from scratch
- Understanding of cloud environment: AWS, Azure, GCP, or similar
- Exposure to Spark MLlib, Spark Streaming, and similar ML tools
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with both batch and streaming data
- Exposure to machine learning technologies: TensorFlow, keras, caffe, or similar
- Depending on experience
- Mid-level: 100% individual contributor
- Senior: 80% hands-on, 10% mentorship, 10% team collaboration
- Principal: 50-50 architecture and implementation, 70% hands-on, 30% mentorship
- Each role has changing responsibilities that depend and draw on the skillset of the candidate!
- Competitive Salary: Up to $200,000/year, DOE
- Extremely strong work-life balance
- Passionate and tight-knit team
- Strong office and company culture
- Involved executive team
- Weekly meetings with CEO, transparent work environment
- Innovative projects and high-visibility group within corporation
- Convenient location for all people living in the East Bay, constant 5 minute shuttle from Emeryville BART Station in AM and PM