Senior Data Engineer / Python/Spark
A B Corp certified e-commerce platform for natural home and personal care subscriptions. Their platform offers a reoccurring shipment for their flagship grove brand products as well as high-quality third-party products. Their mission is to promote environmental sustainability with their household products that are a better alternative to most commercial brands.
The engineering team in SF is looking to bring on their 2nd Data Engineer to help scale the Data Infrastructure in Python with Spark on AWS to support batch and real-time data ingestion. In 2019, the engineering team has plans to leverage Machine Learning so this Data Engineer hire will be very important.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years of data engineering in a production environment
- 7+ years of experience coding
- 3+ years of experience SQL (we use Postgres and RedShift)
- Strong experience with data modeling, query optimization and tuning, etc
- Production experience with data streaming technologies - such as Spark, Kinesis, etc
- Ability to work independently
- Outstanding communication skills (Written and Verbal)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Production experience with machine learning (scikit, SyPy, tensorflow, etc) a plus, but not required
What You Will Be Doing
- Python, Spark, AWS
- 100% hands-on/New Development for Scaling Needs
- Competitive compensation: Up to $180K/year, DOE
- Stock options -- shared success is core to our mission
- Comprehensive medical, vision, dental and commuter benefits
- Wellness programs like quarterly massages and weekly meditation
- A shiny Mac and the other productivity accessories you need
- Flexible Paid Time Off -- we care most about results
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.