Full Stack Engineer
Our client believes that an investment in education is an investment in the future. From their earliest days, they have devoted themselves to educational opportunity and achievement. They have championed innovation, equity and excellence for generations of students. They are advocates for children and parents; they empower teachers and educators; and they are a strong presence in thousands of schools and communities across the country.
They are currently on the hunt for a Software Engineer with experience with Java and AWS for the design and development of application software within the Information Technology Business Delivery group.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field / equivalent experience
- At least 4 years of directly-related work experience in a professional position in software development or a related field
- Demonstrated experience with development platforms (Java, J2EE, C++, C#, VB, SQL, Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience with performance testing methodologies and frameworks (tools, languages, analytics, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain good customer working relationships
- Working knowledge of BI reporting and analytical tools
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies, service oriented architecture (including micro-services), agile methodologies and devops
- Understanding of secure coding practices
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 7 years experience in Java development preferable
- Expert-level understanding of the Java programming language, related optimization techniques, and design patterns
- Expert-level understanding of an Apache, Weblogic and Oracle tiered system environment.
- Must have deep knowledge of Java/J2EE, Hibernate, Spring, SQL/PL-SQL
- Knowledge and experience in developing SOA/Web Services based applications is required
- Test-driven development and continuous integration experience is highly preferred
- Experience working in an iterative development environment (familiarity with RUP and/or Agile/Scrum)
- Experience in adhering to software development guidelines and in performing code and design reviews
- Experience in documenting design and architecture artifacts and presenting artifacts for architectural review
- Effective communication skills are a must along with a strong customer service orientation, and the ability to clearly discern client needs
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously, with fast, flexible work style
- Knowledge of K-12 or Higher Education related software applications is a plus
What You Will Be Doing
- 100% Java
- 100% Hands On
- Competitive Pay: Up to $85/hour, DOE
- Contract Duration: 6 Months
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
This position does not offer sponsorship.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) across major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.