Are you interested in working for a well-established Fortune 100 Company in DC that is responsible for one of the most successful investment products in the world? This well-established company is looking for a DevOps engineer to oversee IT ops of multiple business avenues, web servers and automation/deployments. The ideal engineer will have a strong/fundamental Linux background working in a Java Application based environment. Ideally this engineer will have exposure to AWS architecture from on-prem ,Systems, Networking, Databases and Automation.
If you’re a senior systems engineer, DevOps or a well-rounded Cloud Engineer who can script with a dynamic language, this is the next step forward in your career as an engineer.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years experience with Systems engineer/DevOps in a Linux or Windows environment.
- Ability to manage/maintain 200+ servers with team.
- CI/CD pipeline builds a plus. (Jenkins/GIT).
- Monirtoing with Splunk, AppDynamics, Nagios, ect.
- Experience with TCP/IP networks
- Experience with Domain Name Servers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Desired Skills & Experience
- Configuration management with Chef (Recipe’s and Cookbooks)
- Load Balancers (such as HAProxy) a big plus
- Docker containerization experience a plus.
- Deployment tools such as Octopus Deploy, UrbanCode Deploy, CodeDeploy
What You Will Be Doing
- 80% Architecture with the following technologies:
- AWS architecture
- Automating with scripting and Chef
- CI/CD pipeline builds with Jenkins
- 20% Maintenance. With the following technologies
- Existing .Net Applications
- Git Control
- 100% Hands On
- Competitive Salary: Up to $140K/year, DOE
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.