Engineering Manager- SDET/QA Automation
The SDET Manager leads and mentors a team of smart, diverse and driven engineers. You ensure the client delivers the right solutions to drive quality and testing automation throughout the organization. You empower and develop your team but also have the technical chops to roll up your sleeves and implement hands-on alongside your team.
Help them scale their business to meet the needs of their growing customer base and develop new products on the client’s platform. You'll be a critical part of the growing company, guiding a team through best practices in technology, architecture, and process.
Required Skills & Experience
- 2+ years in an SDET/QA Automation manager role
- 4+ years in an SDET/QA Automation engineer role
- Proven track record of technical leadership at a software product company with a strong engineering culture.
- Experience driving implementation and adoption of automation and a culture of quality across engineering
- Experience with mobile, web and microservices applications backed by RDBMSs
- Experience with event stream-driven applications a strong plus
- Experience managing agile processes and Sprint rituals, including prioritization, estimation and delivery
- Strong software development skills in at least one programming language. We use Go, C#/.NET Core, Ruby, JS and Python.
- Strong Selenium Webdriver experience
What You Will Be Doing
- Drive quarterly objectives to successful completion, working with managers and technical leadership across other engineering teams.
- Guide the team in gathering requirements, architecting and building the tools, frameworks, systems and processes that the engineers use to ensure the quality of their software.
- Drive adoption of SDET solutions across all engineering teams
- Promote and implement best practices in quality software engineering and testable software within an iterative delivery model.
- Dive in with hands-on implementation, especially in helping to unblock, pair with or strategically offload your team.
- Be a technical thought leader to bring new ideas and methodologies to our growing team.
- Mentor and coach team members
- Foster cross-functional relationships across engineering, QA, product, design, and business functions.
- Competitive Salary: Up to $180K/year, DOE
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
Workbridge Associates, part of the Motion Recruitment network, provides IT Staffing Solutions (Contract, Contract-to-Hire, and Direct Hire) in major North American markets. Our unique expertise in today’s highest demand tech skill sets, paired with our deep networks and knowledge of our local technology markets, results in an exemplary track record with candidates and clients.